When investigating defects and deficiencies in concrete you need all the information you can gather.
It would be a nice benefit if you could just drill and extract core samples from every part of your element. Pull 50-100-500 cores from every corner; a thousand would be even better. No matter the time it would take. Although this task would be immensely beneficial, it would be ridiculous to "swiss cheese" the member and an extremely an unlikely option anyway. But consider this...
With Impact Echo, Tecvac, Inc. can produce a color coded grid map depicting the condition of 20,000sf of concrete, with simulated core extractions 5'o.c., in just three days.
- Delamination surveys of fascia tile tunnel walls
- Sandwiched membrane integrity
- Internal crack, void and honeycombing
- Surface opening crack depth measurement
- Debonding of topping slabs
- Slab thickness measurement
- Injection repair quality
- Reinforcing debonding